Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Single layer PCB and autorouter? Automatic vias - jumpers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

medap

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
single layer pcb jumper

Which autorouter tool can make the best results for make SINGLE LAYER board with autoplace vias for straight line wire jumpers?

pcb autorouter single side with jumpers

as i think ,no autorouter will place jumpers(vias).
you need to do it manually

pcb autoplace autorouter

First answer. Thank You! Give to You 5 points. You need learn more, more in electronics!

pcb jumper autorouter

ok

thanks for ur points.

Now u tell me ,how will u do that

Re: Single layer PCB and autorouter? Automatic vias - jumper

DipTrace claims to be able to autoroute single sided boards with jumpers. See the illustration on the following page: **broken link removed**. Keep in mind that this is a hobby tool, and lacks many of the advanced features needed by professional designers.

Almost any EDA package can do single layer boards. However, most need the designer to manually place vias for jumpers to complete unroutable nets.

OrCAD allows you to assign the top layer as a jumper layer. I think you have to assign a routing technology file (or something like it) to the PCB so that it will make use of jumpers. You also have to select the jumpers you want used (usually it involves selecting the length of the jumper) It will then create jumpers as needed. Vias are always created automatically, nothing special needs to be done (I think, it's been awhile.)

BTW, I used OrCAD first, and every other PCB layout/routing program since has proven extremely frustrating to use.

medap said:
Which autorouter tool can make the best results for make SINGLE LAYER board with autoplace vias for straight line wire jumpers?

There is a simple way to do it with any autorouter in the following way:

- select two layer routing
- on the top layer select one direction for your routes (the one which match your wire jumpers direction)
- on the bottom layer select any direction
- from the layer cost (the amount of routes on every layer) select less routes on the top layer and most of the routes on the bottom layer.
- from the vias table select the vias size to match your wire diameters
- restrict the route lenght on top (so will be indeed wire jumpers, not routes)
- from the CAM tools, generate gerbers only for your bottom layer, the top layer keep it as an assembly drawing for your wire jumpers

Such tehnique will work with any of the following: Orcad, Protel, Pads, Pcad, Tango

success

Does any one know how to do this using Altium Designer

elec-eng said:
Does any one know how to do this using @ltium Designer

Look at the recommendation by melc a couple of messages above. His method works in Altium Designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back