Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single frequency detectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

tijoseymathew

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
frequency detector lm567

hi

i want a circuit that will detect wheter the incomming signal is a given frequency say 1kHz. It has to give a logic high for a 1kHz signal and a logic low for all other signals.
Any ideas ??
What are these circuits known as ?

compare xr2211 lm567

Hi,
Use a tone detector IC 567. Please study the application note and let me know if you have any problem.
Regards,
Laktronics

i agree with KMoffett and laktronics "PLL"

Hello,

LM567C is an active National product, available in DIP8 and SO8, as you like. Cause this is an unique device, it's very unlikey to be discontinued. It's also very versatile, you can use it e.g. for a simple AC reflection light barrier. Always first choice for a tone decoder.

Regards,
Frank

using an ic is an option . but can i do it discreetely ??
and in my part of the world we dont get many ic's and i doubt if i would be able to get the 567.

You can use XR2211 for this ......

Added after 9 minutes:

here is a sample circuit for XR2211 designed for 15KHz and 30KHz marak and space frequencies.....you will have to calculate the component values for 1KHz from the equations in the datasheet.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back