Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single-ended to differential converter design

Status
Not open for further replies.

slchen

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All:

I am doing the DLL design.
My delay line is differential type, and however the input clock of the DLL is single-ended.
So, I need a single-ended to differential converter.
I use two inverters cascaded to generate the in-phase clock (CK) and use a inverter and a transmission gate cascaded to generate out-of-phase clock (CKB), as shown in the atatched figure.
But, the two output signals (CK and CKB) have skewso that the delay line can't work correctly.

Can you give me some comments on the s-to-d design?
Or how to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot.
slchen

Another question!!!
My DLL structure is regulated-VDD type, like S. Sidiropoulos' paper (Symp. VLSI circuits, 2000).
Is the differential-type VCDL necessary?
Or only use single-ended VCDL is enough ?

slchen

slchen said:
Dear All:

I am doing the DLL design.
My delay line is differential type, and however the input clock of the DLL is single-ended.
So, I need a single-ended to differential converter.
I use two inverters cascaded to generate the in-phase clock (CK) and use a inverter and a transmission gate cascaded to generate out-of-phase clock (CKB), as shown in the atatched figure.
But, the two output signals (CK and CKB) have skewso that the delay line can't work correctly.

Can you give me some comments on the s-to-d design?
Or how to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot.
slchen

Another question!!!
My DLL structure is regulated-VDD type, like S. Sidiropoulos' paper (Symp. VLSI circuits, 2000).
Is the differential-type VCDL necessary?
Or only use single-ended VCDL is enough ?

slchen

hi slchen,
maybe you can add more inverters before or after the cmos pass-gate, of course, to match the signal, its counterpart also needed.
differential-type VCDL has much higher psrr compared with single -ended one, but more power and device noise.
jeff

slchen

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back