Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single-ended to differential conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braski

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there a general and quite simple way to convert a single-ended signal, let's say Vref+Vs to a fully-differential signal Vref+Vs/2 and Vref-Vs/2? I am trying to figure out something..

Hi,

for which frequency range?

Regards

base-band (i.e. with opamps, not baloons). I look for something simpler than the differential line driver seen elsewhere.

If you are not using DC, simplest way would be a transformer!

Regards

the board is IC design and layout. I mean with an electronic circuit!

Ah sorry,

than maybe a catodyn circuit will help:

A common emitter/source amplifier with resitive emitter degeneration. Than you have both signals (0/180), if you take signal from collector and emitter. But it is helpful to use additionally some buffer because of different output impedance at the collector and emitter.

I used this circuit already in rf-ic designs.

Regards

I look for something simpler than the differential line driver seen elsewhere.
If you want OP accuracy, a fully differential OP or two regular OPs are the minimal requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back