Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sinewave clock to square wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

karote

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
diode 1ss99

Hi,

I need to convert 250 low jitter sine wave clock to square wave or so called clipped sine wave. Could anyone propose suitable circuitry. I'm thinking of using fast diodes to clip the sine wave, but so far the signal shape has been something else than clipped sine, more like a trianngular wave. Maybe my diodes have too much capacitance. But if someone could propose suitable circuitry and also suitable diode type. The sine wave swing is about 3 Vpp.

Thanks in advance

It depends on the application. If the duty cycle must be controlled very well, a comparator is the best choice. If not an amplifier with large gain and the sinewave AC coupled into the input might also work at lower cost.

But, in case I want to use clamping diodes, can anyone give advice about how to do it ? And also propose a diode type. The clock frequency was 250 MHz

Thanks

Dear,

Check these diodes from Agilent Technologies (now:Avago Technologies)

HSMS-285x series
HSMS-286x series

and 1ss99 from NEC (i think,may be Toshiba)

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back