Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulink Matlab Function Block Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyrite

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matrix inputs to matlab function blocks

Hi,
In simulink, there is a matlab function block. I wrote a matlab function with 3 inputs and 1 output. First input is a matrix and the next two inputs are integer.

The matlab function block in simulink has only one input. Is there a way to modify the block so that it can take 3 inputs?

Thanks!

simulink function block

Hi,

You could use a mux block to group several signals in the same line. But in your case it's not possible becase one input is a matrix and the dimension of the signals to be grouped would be different. Maybe the best solution is to create a S-Function, but it is more complex.

Thx. S Function is kinda complicated. What I want to do is actually quite simple.

In simulink, I have a matrix in workspace. I am trying to make a block so that it will output only one data out of the matrix according to the x,y location.

For example, my matrix is [1 2; 3 4]. When the input x=1, y=2, i want the block to output "4".

My plan was to use matlab function block that take the matrix and x,y as input. Is there any other workaround in simulink?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
After reading your post I think that the block you are looking for is a lookup table 2-D. This block has two inputs, which are used to access the elements of a matrix, defined inside the block (you can use its workspace name).

pyrite

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi
if i use a mux block to group several signals in the same line, which is also the input of the matlab function block, will both the inputs be available to the matlab function block simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back