Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation problems with Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.

|IAngel|

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Simulation problems

Hi all,

I have 2 simulation problems - I believe them to be software related so I have a couple questions.

1) When I attempt to simulate with SpectreS (just because I've used it more than spectre, so I wanted to confirm my install of IC5033 was working) it fails with "ERROR: Invalid parameter "spectre" and quits.

2) When I try to simulate with Spectre it 'simulates'. My test circuit was simply a diode connected-NFet and I swept a power supply from 0-1.8V expecting to see the characteristic curve. Spectre couldn't plot a current plot saying there was no data to plot. If I plotted the voltage of the supply (being swept from 0-1.8V) I got a voltage of 0V with a spike around the middle of the graph (0.9V) of 0.33uV. And I got GMIN warnings left right and centre, and the RELTOL was lowered. And these were with default settings, NOT a heavy fitting selection. So basically the simulator 'runs' but doesn't work. Any suggestions? I'm stumped!

3) I'm running my spectre model files from a icfspectre.init file and that seems to load fine for hte netlist - I don't think this would be the issue... :S Anyone?

Thanks! I REALLY am at my wits end with this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.