Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulation of VSWR of a VCO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_IC

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello! How to simulate VSWR of a VCO in spectreRF ? Maybe it is possible in ADS..?
Thx

Hello,

It has been quite long time since I used ADS for the last time! I believe you can do it very easily on ADS...

First, I'd like to say that as u may know, VSWR is a measurement of loading effect on signal at transmission lines, or in other words, how big portion of the signal would propagate through the load. If that is what u are trying to measure for ur VCO, then let's go...

If u have already finished designing your VCO (behavior or circuit level), prepare a test-bench in ADS including Smith Chart drawing between the two ends between which u need to measure VSWR. (Refer to this explanation: https://cnx.org/content/m1059/latest/)

Using common Smith chart basics, it'll be very easy to calculate any parameter u want..

Also, find attached a made-by-cadence VCO design guide using Spectre RF. It may also help..

Thanks,
Ahmad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back