Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of split ring resonator (SRR) with HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachidrian

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
split ring resonator in hfss

I want to redo this article:
Electromagnetic parameter retrieval from inhomogeneous metamaterials
but I have find a big problem in the phase of S11. between 13.2 GHz and 20 GHz
helpe me for to find this probléme?
to see the strusture of SRR +article (fil joinig)
thank's

Attachments

• smith_5225.pdf
    871.5 KB · Views: 1,355

hfss srr

hfss uses exp(jwt) time dependence whereas the authors use exp(-iwt) time dependence...

srr hfss

have any one trainig works of SRR WITH HFSS simulations ?

Reactions: ansai1

ansai1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
split-ring resonator (srr)

Maybe you will have solved your problem. But for the Post, I have tried several simulations of the provided file. First of all you have to extend the sweep up to 20 GHz. Probably the Solution Frequency is low, but the numerial problem persists. Phases of S11 and S21 seem to be swept. Sometimes, the paper's figures are uncomplete, or the given simualting conditions are not the final ones, not the simulating code.

That's my opinion. Maybe someone else could add more info. Bye,

Pere

split ring resonator srr simulation using hfss

I cannot understand
Why do you use deembed distance 2.5 mm????

srr resonator

can you give the reference of smith.pdf to read because I cannot download?

srr parameter retrieval

hi coungtran;
i downloaded the zip file but only S11 graph can be seen in this file. how can we plot the S21 parameter?
thanks for help

simulation of split ring resonator hfss

hi asonds,
since it has not got the second waveport, you can not plot the S21 i think, you should add the 2nd waveport confronted with 1st one in the same box and resimuler.

srr and hfss simulation

Has anyone been able to reproduce the results of the paper? I simulated the same structure in HFSS (Fig. 2 of the paper) and the results are very different then what they get for S11 and S21.

split ring resonator hfss

hi coungtran;
i downloaded the SRR1correct.zip file. I added the the second waveport into the air box. I plugged the equations to obtain the refractive index, permittivity and permeability. But I could not obtain the same result as in the smith paper.
Can you help me to obtain the same results?
Thanks for help

srr split ring

hi

Has anyone been found the same results of the smith paper? If yes, please help me to find the same results. (Especially, the refractive index, permittivity and permeability)

Thanks...

parameter retrieval srr code

I have the same problem , my |S| . Re(Z) and Arg(S) figure are similar to it on paper , but the Re(n). ε and µ are different .

could someone tell me what's my problem ?

ring resonator design using hfss 11

hi everbody,

I have the same problem. I obtained S-parameters but couldn't obtain the correct effective parameter values. If there is anybody that can explain obtaining these parameters?

hfss simulation split ring resonator tutorial

hi all you should write the matlab code of n and z and epsilon and mu that represented by smith in his paper on physical review 2005.

hfss 11 resonator

All,

I don't know if this is still desired or not, but I have been able to simulate the unit cell shown in Figure 2 of the paper, "Electromagnetic parameter retrieval from inhomogeneous metamaterials." The magnitudes of for my S-parameters match what is shown in Figure 3a. The phases of my S-parameters are opposite of what is shown in Figure 3b (i.e. I can plot the correct phase if I plot -Arg(S21)).

Based on these results, I took the S-parameters (I inverted my result for Arg(S21)), imported them into Matlab, and extracted the refractive index, the impedance, the permittivity, and the permeability. My graphs precisely match those shown in Figures 3c, 3d, 3e, and 3f. I will gladly share these codes with anyone that likes them--I didn't post initially because this thread has been inactive for awhile and I didn't want to waste time if it wasn't necessary.

I would like to know why the phases for my S-parameters are opposite to what are shown in the paper. Someone posted this was because the authors use an e^(-iwt) time convention versus the engineering convention of e^(jwt). I know this difference in convention causes issues, but I don't understand it enough to know the exact impacts. Any help would be great.

Pleasant day,
Jeff

floquet deembed

hi jeff
please upload your matlab code.
regards

matlab code split ring resonator

Here is my simulation of SRR, can you upload your Matlab code please

split ring resonator ports hfss

hi jeff
please upload your matlab code.
Thank you very much.