Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of Single Balanced Mixer using ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeepvijayaraj

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a problem in the simulation of single balanced mixer, kindly help me. By the by thanks for your help.

The problem here in the simulation is with the resulting graph of both DSB noise figure and conversion gain vs LO drive level. Im not getting the exact graph pattern.
The RF frequency is set to 2500MHz (RF_freq), Local oscillator frequency to 2250MHz (LO_freq) , resulting in an IF frequency of 250MHz (IF_Freq).. Also set with two balun circuits with LOplus and LOminus going to the ports at one end and the other end IF plus to Plus side of balun and vice versa. In the circuit I used single ended instead double stranded. Used options with specified temperature and harmonic balance were set with two orders. I used the meas equation with conversion gain(ConvGain=Vout_tone-RF_freq) with two mixers in Vout setting with {-1,0}. Im getting the final output(can say as partial output), but the problem here is with the X-axis and Y-axis definition.
For noise fig, Im getting 'nf' instead 'nf(3)' in X-axis and 'HB.LO power' instead 'LO power' in Y-axis. By the by I used 'Gilberts cell mixer' circuit diagram as my reference.
Here why am I getting the trace expressions as 'HB.convgain', 'HB.LO power' and so on?
I couldnt set the final trace expression (i.e) 10*log*(nf(3)[0]). If I do that the output results saying 'Nothing' in the graph.
Please help me.
But my main doubt is, 'Why am I getting 'HB.LO power' instead 'LO power' and so on when deriving the graph?
Thank you.

Hi, can you help me out here while calculating noise figure for the down conversion mixer I am using the pnoise analysis coupled with pss analysis but while plotting output(results-direct plot-pnoise) I do not seem to get the sweep of lo power in the output waveform I am getting only dots at the output frequency.
Please help me out..thanks....:)

Here why am I getting the trace expressions as 'HB.convgain', 'HB.LO power' and so on?
I couldnt set the final trace expression (i.e) 10*log*(nf(3)[0]). If I do that the output results saying 'Nothing' in the graph.
Please help me.
But my main doubt is, 'Why am I getting 'HB.LO power' instead 'LO power' and so on when deriving the graph?
Thank you.

In your schematic, there is another simulation controller.That's why ADS uses "HB" prefix to discriminate the simulation controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back