Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of resonator in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
So i have a resonator designed in HFSS. I am using the eigenmode analysis on it to get an answer. I then go to DrivenModal once I couple it to a transmission line, to get the scattering matrix. But in order to do this I take the mesh from the eigenmode results and import them into the DrivenModal model.
If I had more than one structure, would it be possible to import the mesh from multiple sources? Or how would I go about doing this?

Any help is appreciated as I am very lost as how to achieve this. Thank You!
--- Updated ---

The reason I am doing it this way is because the drivenmodal produces a mesh problem which results in non accurate results.
https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/39518/simulation-of-resonator/p1?new=1#

I would probably just set up a seed mesh in the driven modal simulation, rather than trying to import it from an external source. I've found HFSS' mesher to be quite excellent, usually.

I would probably just set up a seed mesh in the driven modal simulation, rather than trying to import it from an external source. I've found HFSS' mesher to be quite excellent, usually.
I see, so the issue with that is that, the mesh around my structure is very coarse, even with adaptive meshing

the resonant frequency I see, swings around lot

the issue with that is that, the mesh around my structure is very coarse, even with adaptive meshing the resonant frequency I see, swings around lot
Yes, that is why I would recommend setting up a seed mesh. That way, you can get it as tight as you want in your regions of interest.

Yes, that is why I would recommend setting up a seed mesh. That way, you can get it as tight as you want in your regions of interest.
I have tried a seed mesh but since its a coplanar waveguide applying a seed to the entire ground plane would result in a very very dense mesh, rather than what i just want which is surrounding only the structure.

Is there any way to go about doing this?

Draw a box (or some other object) where you want your fine mesh. I believe it may be non-model, if not you should make sure it is the right material for its location. Then, apply a seed mesh to this object.

For example, when I'm using CPW, I place a seed mesh in the gaps between conductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back