Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of microstrip antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakjoud

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
I'm a beginner in the antenna study, so I wanna just ask for some stuf could help me to simulate the radiation patterns of antennas.
Thanks a lot

You can use IE3D or HFSS to simulate antenna radiation patterns. IE3D is a 2.5-D simulator, and HFSS is 3D simulator. I suggest, you first use IE3D to get a antenna prototype, then use HFSS to simulate. Because using IE3D is faster than HFSS 2~5 times.

hi ,
you can use MWS .

Regards

Microstrip antennas can be very easily and accurately simulated using ADS Momentum.

jakjoud

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks a lot, but I don't know where can I download this softs, I need a link to download even it's a trial version just the time to try it.

You can download IE3D from http://www.zeland.com . Unfortunately there aren't any legal & free versions of HFSS or Momentum ADS.

Best wishes,
megi

Hi megi,
thanks for the link but I did not find any link to download, there's only some documentation about, and datasheets.
Help me please

To download IE3D evaluation version you have to register at Zeland Software (go to the "Get Evaluation Account & Password" section at http://www.zeland.com/). And after you'll get yout login and password, you would be able to download IE3D software.

Good luck :)
megi

Status
Not open for further replies.