Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of magnetic levitation system with microbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

fran89

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I am currently doing a project on positioning control of magnetic levitation system for my FYP.
However, I am facing a problem on my model.
When I connect it to microbox, I found out that the ball could not suspend in the air although giving the suitable voltage to hold it.
What should I do to make it run properly ? Or I need to write a C coding in M-file to run it with simulation ?

Regards,
Francis

In magnetic levitation systems the CURRENT , not voltage in the coil determines the levitation force. A feedback is used, often with an optical position sensor, to balance the levitated object below the coil.

it is an interface between pc and my model....the microbox I used is from terasoft company.

- - - Updated - - -

In magnetic levitation systems the CURRENT , not voltage in the coil determines the levitation force. A feedback is used, often with an optical position sensor, to balance the levitated object below the coil.

thanks...
However, the ball still cannot be suspended.
The range of current I get is from 0.2A-2.90A.

If I understand right, microbox doesn't provide a 2.9 A output, so you have an external power amplifier?

Supposed you achieve 2.9 A coil current and no sufficient electromagnetic action, it's not an electronical or control problem, isn't it? You'll want to check your magnetostatic design.

Does your electromagnet pull the steel ball upwards? If not, you must add ampere-turns on the core so it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back