Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulation of FPGA using some software

Status
Not open for further replies.

royvincent

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

what is this IBIS file? can i simulate an FPGA as in a real time using this file? which software can be used?

can i simulate the FPGA in ORCAD or Proteus?

thanks

The IBIS models can be used to characterize I/V output curves, rising/falling transition waveforms, and package parasitic information of the device, it is Input/Output Buffer Information Specification (IBIS),
it helps designers predict the behavior of the pin connections , issues such as deformation of electronic signals as they travel on the PCB, cross talk, ground-bounce etc.

Proteus can't simulate FPGA.
Usually you write your code (VHDL/Verilog etc) and you can do a post fit simulation on the specific device using either Xilinx/Altera simulator or a tool like modelsim.
You can only simulate how an FPGA works with your code , you provide virtual input signals using a testbench and check the functionality of your code, signal delays and also the logic state of any internal node but you can't connect it in a circuit and check how it works like you do with an mcu in proteus.
I think Orcad can do some kind of simulation but it it still in digital chip level, not in an analog circuit.

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.