Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of flicker noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajanarender_suram

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to simulate flicker noise in MOSFETs using Cadence?(looking for setup)

Firstly you need to be sure the model you are using has flicker noise modelled.

Do the usual noise analysis from say 0.1Hz to a high frequency. Zoom in the low frequency portion of the Noise Spectral Density(NSD) and see the noise behaviour. You can use the noise summary if you are using spectre. If the flicker noise is modeled, you will see the NSD dropping from 0.1Hz to a few 100Hz or Khz and then becoming flat.

Thanks but i need a setup such that only flicker noise is dominant, so that i can say the total noise i got in the analysis is flicker noise only.

the noise corner frequency tells you what dominates at what frequency. Below the corner frequency flicker noise dominates and after that thermal noise.

If you are looking for an automated setup, you can ask the simulator to find the thermal noise spectral density first, which is fairly constant over the entire bandwidth of measurement. So large frequency noise is thermal noise. Then subtract this NSD from the total NSD. The remnant will give you an idea of flicker noise and also corner frequency.

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.