Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of CPW fed slot antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

imran_telecom

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

I want to simualte a CPW fed slot antenna in CST MWS... I am just the beginner. I would be glad if someone can let me know of any tutorial or useful link.

Thanks

There are nice video tutorials on CST webpage. There are also tutorials and examples that come with CST MWS. Which version are you using?

Hi Irfan1
Please help me with the submitted file and tell me how to add the CPW port at the model.
Thank you!
Best regards!
Parris

My research is not about coplanar devices. But to my experience, you should provide the excitation by use of discrete ports. There is a nice example for HFSS, but the same design and simulation principles apply to CST MWS. Please check the attached tutorial. It is for HFSS, but you can easily adapt it for MWS.

Thanks for irfan1

I will reccomend you to use waveguide instead of discreset because of its accuracy for calculating S-parameters.

Regards

The way to define a CPW port is included in the getting started maunal of CST MWS Suite 2006.

Hi Guy see the file with CPW Fed.
You need to change strip parameters for Impedance matching
Regards

thanks for the information Element7k. The procedure for setting CPW is throughly explained in the new manual. I set the new version today. Somehow CST did not send us the new version until recently. There seems to be a lot of changes and improvements. I wonder, how does the eigenmode solver performs in this new version?

thanks for your prompt replies

But there are few queries...

how to determine the input impedance of CPW and slot antenna separately in CPW fed slot antenna structure.... ???

Hello everyone!
Who can help me with the submitted file and tell me how to add the CPW port at the model?I am anxious for it. Thank you!
Regards !
Parris

Thanks for snkhan!
Can you explain for me which variation you have made and why you done it.
Regards
Parris

Hi parris:
you can do it in several way depends on how you perceive and which amaze you, i usually do like
1) Select the face to strip
2) Click on waveguide button
3) Select the "free" combo and then extend a bit on both side of x (In this case 10)
4) The waveguide should start from ground
5) 3 times (height of substrate) above the patch is good approximation

Regards

Hello,

What will happen if the port going down of ground. I saw that in some exapmles in CST. I don't know the difference??

Can you refer to some specific example. According to my opinion it should not have to be the case

In coplanar examples. For CPW without ground metal, CST recommends the port to be symmetrical around the substrate. For CPW with ground metal, they recommend that port just reach the ground metal.
Check p. 132 of pdf file "getting start" for CST 2006.
I don't know why this difference?

I highly appreciate your help if you know how the boundry conditions should be in the case of CPW with ground material. I'm getting different kinds of errors> Check this post:

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

I do not have 2006 suit so if you can upload the picture then i will be in much better conditon to visualize. I am sure if the port is beneath the ground nothing will happen becoz of PEC.

Regards

Hi,

In fact, there is no big problem to set the port as CST advised. The problem I'm facing is how to set the boundary conditions for different CPW slot antennas.

So, if we have some CPW slot antenna as in the attachment. Let's talk if we have ground plane or without ground plane. Then we will have two cases.
My question is: How to set the boundary conditions for each case ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back