Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation of circuit with Xilinx Foundation 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvErFlO

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
modelsim 5.5se

How can I simulation circuit with Xilinx Foundation 4.1? (there isn't any package)
I remember that in Fondation 2.1 it exists... How can I do ?

Please don't reply unless you have useful information to add on this post. Thanks

You need something like Model*Sim to go with it. It is included with Foun*dation I S E 3.1i and 4.1, but it comes on a separate CD. A 4.1 ISO of the CD wouldn't have it. Try to find a Mode*lSim ISO and go from there.

I have mod*els*im 5.5 SE and PE but this not have chip xi*li*nx.... Can you help me... Tnx...
I know a version XE but it's ippossible fint it...

I have mod*els*im 5.5 SE and PE but this not have chip xi*li*nx.... Can you help me... Tnx...
I know a version XE but it's impossible fint it...

use any Modelsim Version you have.

to simulate the Gate-level (i.e. after Place and Route )

write out a verilog netlist.

Then compile the used xilinx-Technology in a library of your choice.

Load the design with this Library and then you can simulate it

I have used the Xilinx Design Manager to generate a vhdl file and used Modelsim to simulate the gate level design

Select Design -> Options -> Simulation -> Generic VHDL
Then Select Edit Options -> Simulation Data Options -> VHDL. Check Correlate Simulation Data to Input Design
Simulation Netlist name = name of VHDL file to be generated (e.g. timesim.vhd)
Now you have a vhdl file you also need the vital files which can be found in the xilinxvhdlsrcsimprims directory. Make a library simprim in modelsim (vlib simprim) and compile simprim_Vcomponent.vhd, simprim_VITAL.vhd and simprim_Vpackage.vhd to this library. Now you can simulate the gate level design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back