Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulation of 2 antennas in CST or HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahid78

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ebg hfss antenna

Hi

i am wondering is it possible in CST or HFSS to model 2 antennas with a certain distance between them and measure the S21 between them.

if anyone has successfully model such setup. i would appreciate if they uplaod their model.

any suggestions to create such model setup would be most welcome

regards

two antenna hfss

Set up the model as if you were modeling a transmission line. Ports on each end.

That being said there is a high probability that the any useful model will be too big to actually run on any reasonable computer. The first factor is "a certain distance". Next is frequency and detail in the modeled antennas. The available RAM is to be considered as well.

Good Luck and I hope you have a powerful computer.

I have modeled multiple antennas, a certain distance between them, successfully using HFSS. I am not at liberty to share the models.

2.4 ghz ebg hfss model

hi Azulykit

well i appreciate your comments on my question . i fully understand whatever you mentioned in your post. actually i have successfully modelled two 2.4GHz dipoles at a distance of 10cm. but the results i got are not what i want

basically i want to model the experimental setup for measuring the bandgap of EBG structures. in this setup we use probes and loops on the opposite side of perodic structure and than S21 shows the position of the bandgap.
so i would appreciate if you could confirm whether you have modelled such a situation

thanks

multiple antenna

i have already done it in cst mws 2008. two same antenna radiating in one pcb both energized by different ports. good luck!!!

hfss measure s21

Hi Shahid,

You don't need dipoles if you want to simulate the S21 properties of an EBG surface.

In HFSS you can put an EBG design (more than 3 cells/mushrooms) at the bottom of a rectangular box. Then you define a PEC BC below the mushrooms (as ground plane), PMC BC in the laterals of the mushrooms (to produce a periodicity) and radiation BC at the top of the EBG cells (you have to design the simulation box with a height much higher than the thickness/height of the mushrooms/cells). Finally, you can use two Waveports at the remaining two faces of the rectangular simulation box. Then, when you simulate, you can easily plot the S11 and S21 parameters between the two Ports when crossing/passing through the EBG cells.

Bye,

Pere

cst modelling computer set-up

how to see effect of radiation pattern of one antenna on other placed physically apart..in HFSS

Hi Pere

thanks for your comments on my post . well i never get good results with the method you mentioned. thats why i am looking for some other method to find the bandgap position

however one question on the modeling setup mentioned by you.

you said apply radiation boundary condition on top of EBG cells. did you mean on top of eBG structure or top of simulation rectangular box?

if i we apply radiaton BC on top of rectangular box then when we apply waveguide ports, at the bottom of ports we will have PEC and at top of ports we will have radiation BC.

dont you think we shoud have PEC BC at the top and bottom of waveguide port
correct me if i am wrong

thanks for your interest in this topic

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.