Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulating planar interdigital capacitors using HFSS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_kolkata

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
site:www.edaboard.com hfss capacitor

hi,

i was trying to simulate planar interdigital capacitors using ansoft HFSS.but as i'm relatively new to hfss , i am not being able to build and simulate(accurately) the interdigital capacitor (idc) structure.does anybody have any experience with them and could plz share some tutorial or hfss files or project files(with some detail specifications) so that i can atleast be able to simulate the idc with some accuracy.

i need some help really urgently!!!so, eagerly waiting for replies.

with regards

abhi

interdigtal capacitors

hi,

somebody plz help me out with this problem. i really need to know it, urgently for my project work.any advice will be appreciated.

with regards
abhi

interdigital capacitors

hi

in general in hfss for design capacitances we have problem, but usually we can simulate capacitace with one boundary condition plane.
you must first in where you want to have capacitance draw a squre plane, then select this plane and assigne LUMPED RLC Boundary to it. you can simulate your real capacitance with R and C (you can get ESR from the catalog that each factory have it)

I have very good answer in measurement and theory for combline filter with this design

best regards

hi fredy,

can u plz send me some tutorial or some of ur files(if it is possible) on capacitor(idc) simulation in hfss, so the thing becomes clear to me.

with regards
abhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back