Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating MOSCAP CV in Cadence using transient

Status
Not open for further replies.

yampire

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate MOSFET capacitance in cadence using transient analysis. The simplest form of the circuit and waveform is shown in the image.
To get the value of capacitance I am using following formulae:

1) C = integ(I) / V2-V1
2) C = avg(I) / { (V2-V1) * freq }

Everything works fine with the ideal capacitor (from analogLib). I get the accurate values for the plugged-in capacitor. How as soon as I connect MOSCAP, the resultant capacitance is low (around 40% lower). Also, this inaccuracy depends on the difference between V1 and V2. Having 10mV to 50mV of difference between V1 and V2 gives me capacitance quite close to the expected value. The larger the voltage difference, the lower the capacitance value I get.

Can someone please explain or tell me where I am going wrong? In principle, the extracted capacitance should not depend on the voltage difference as long as it is accounted for?

Maybe my cadence simulation settings are wrong? I am using the default spectre simulation settings. the time period is about 10ns and I make sure that it is enough to charge the used capacitance.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• sim_MOSCAP.PNG
    sim_MOSCAP.PNG
    17.8 KB · Views: 125

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back