Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulating monopole ultra wideband antenna using IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng_romeo

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
uwb antenna design

Dears,

Please i need help from everyone in this respected forum.
I tried many times to simulate monopole ultra wideband antenna using IE3D program but i failed and i want know the reason so i attached file that indicates figure design and S11 result for antenna design but my result is different that gives multiband frequency. Thanks for yours efforts.

ε r = 4.65 , h = 1.5 mm

The dimension of the ground plane is chosen to be (30 x 11.5) mm2 in this study.

The original design has a rectangular radiator with a width (w) of 15 mm and a length (l) of 12 mm.

The feed width (wf) is set to be 3 mm and the feed length (fl) is set to be 12.5 mm. The first and third notch dimensions are (1 x 1) mm2 and the second notch is (1 x 1.5) mm2.

Re: UWB antenna using Zeland

Hi, eng_romeo:

It seems to me your description on the structure is not complete. At least, it is not scaled. I tried to build the 1-notch case. It is quite wide band while it may not be exactly like what you show. My files are attached.

Best regards,

eng_romeo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Dear Dr.Jain,

Many Thanks Dr.Jain for your fast response . I tried again to simulate UWB antenna but with the different result than you and i know my result is faulse but i don't know the reason. i notice that define port in my simulation with De-Embedding arm length is different than define port in your simulation ,my simulation have 3 polygons define but in your simulation have 4 polygons define and i make sigma (0,0) for the ground and i attached my simulation to tell me the reasone of different between our results.

Thanks for your co-operation.

hi
i need ur paper so please upload it as early as possible.........and also ur design equations

hi
if urs is a microstrip feed use negative port for ground plane .....
in ur fig u didnt use negative port for gnd plane,so do use that one
u will get for sure

i am uploading geo file with negative port

for better help upload ur paper

hi ngstty...the width of negative port must not be same as positive port ?
pls clarify my doubt

hi
no need of assigning widths to the ports ..
assign ports to microstrip feed and the ground plane..

Thanks a lot for replying...

later i studied ie3d manual...they suggested to use vertical or horizonal polarized feeding when it is finite ground plane for better accuracy...

Thanks a lot for replying...

later i studied ie3d manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back