Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating bitstream/analog output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davorin

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which VHDL/Verilog Simulator can use external file for bitstream input and simulate analog output?

Like: feeding mpeg stream and writing to wave file?

What do you mean by "simulating an analog output"? What is driving the analog output? Is there an analog/digital interface?

Radix

Let's say if the FPGA is used to drive a DAC with PCM stream...

So I could capture the PCM stream to a file for verification...to see if it really generates a .pcm file suitable for standard PCM DAC's

davorin,

It sounds like what you're trying to do is simple file i/o and that is supported directly by the verilog and vhdl languages. You just need to setup a testbench that reads the input file and applies it to a top-level pin of your design. To capture the data you're interested in your testbench would just read that top-level pin and dump it to a file. You can either test the output data in the testbench during simulation or use a script to parse the file post simulation.

Radix

It sounds like what you're trying to do is simple file i/o and that is supported directly by the verilog and vhdl languages. You just need to setup a testbench that reads the input file and applies it to a top-level pin of your design. To capture the data you're interested in your testbench would just read that top-level pin and dump it to a file. You can either test the output data in the testbench during simulation or use a script to parse the file post simulation

Can someone help me debug this while loop...

module bitrev(clk);
input clk;
reg[8:0] in_r[0:8];
reg[8:0] out_r[0:8];
reg[8:0] tmp_r;
integer i;
integer j=0;
integer n1=4; // for N-point n1 = 8/2
integer n2=4;

initial begin
for (i=0; i < 8; i= i+1)
begin