Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating Balun in ADS Schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprasv

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to do this circuit in ADS Schematic. I have been able to find all other components. But I have not been able to find this
"3 port Balun which says Balun_device". I did find other 3 port baluns, but I would like to know under which list it will be possible to find this component.
"balun_device" I have attached the schematic.

Please help me, as I have been stuck at this point. I would deeply appreciate it.

Thanks,
Prasanna

Attachments

• Schematic.png
    Schematic.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 324

It is a custom component.

Select this instance and then do "identify" from menu.

Last edited:

Can you explain more? I would greatly appreciate it if someone explains and tells me how to simulate what is in the schematic.

Thanks for replying,
Prasanna

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

This schematic is on paper. I dont have a soft copy of the ADS program. Its from a thesis I am trying to implement.

Last edited:

Yes,
I am new to ADS. I did find the link you posted on the agilent website.
But is there a way, I can recreate the exact component as in the picture as in an exact way of simulating the custom component.

Thanks,
Prasanna

Prasanna

that balun device is a subcircuit: inside that block there is another schematic and you cannot know from a paper what is inside.

Googling your infos, I've found this thesis:X-band Phase Shifters for Phased Array, Jean Xu, cincinnati university. Is it the one you are trying to implement, I guess.

The schematic of the balun is done using 2 lange couplers, see page 38.

I hope it can help.

Mazz

Hi Mazz,

Thanks a lot, that explains it in detail.
Yeah I have downloaded that Thesis document and did see the schematic. So my understanding is that the "sub-circuit" inside this "custom component" is the schematic given in page no. 38.

Since I am new to ADS, i did not quite understand it.Thanks again.
How do i make my own custom component in ADS? Will it be possible for you to explain that?

Thanks,
Prasanna

Prasanna

that balun device is a subcircuit: inside that block there is another schematic and you cannot know from a paper what is inside.

Googling your infos, I've found this thesis:X-band Phase Shifters for Phased Array, Jean Xu, cincinnati university. Is it the one you are trying to implement, I guess.

The schematic of the balun is done using 2 lange couplers, see page 38.

I hope it can help.

Mazz

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

I am sorry but I am not really sure what that question means..

Prasanna

Prasanna

you don't really need to do a subcircuit. You can place the balun at the same level of the rest of the circuit, if this is easier for you.

Mazz

Reactions: sprasv

sprasv

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back