Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulate CPWG with Momentum ADS for high freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

al_dddd

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!
I am trying to simulate CPWG line with momentum in high freqs. I define the single mode port for the central WG and 2 ground reference ports for the ground planes (see attached picture). I got some not realistic results. I was told that I need to define the Coplanar ports in order to get the right results for high freqs. Coplanar ports could be defined only for slots (and not for strips). My question is - how I need to define the slot layer in the right way and how I need to define the coplanar ports? (that is my first run with coplanar, so I am a little bit dummy in it...)

for_forum1.pngfor_forum2.pngfor_forum3.png

al_dddd

I have done the same thing in Momentum and got pretty good results.
I hope that your structure has two single ports for two terminals of CPWG.

If you are defining your layer as STRIP (as it is now), then use vias to connect the side grounds to the infinite ground of Momentum (///GND///). in this case you don't need to define ground reference ports.
Although there is an example in ADS example directory, examples/KC_Examples/CPW_Diff_Lines_Finite_prj in which ground reference ports for this case are defined.

second way is to define coplanar ports for SLOT layers as you said. For this one refer to the mom.pdf which should be in the folder that ADS is installed.

Hope this can help

Thanks Hamid!
It really helped then. Sorry for delayed answer:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back