Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simualting the Circuit with IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambhav_1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have an IC from TI, a motor driver and now i want to simulate my complete circuit. From where i can get the model of the ic so that i can add it in my circuit and simulate.

Regards.

Hi,

if you are talking about a Spice model, the manufacturer may provide one. If not, maybe they provide the model of a similar IC or an other manufacturer produces the same IC.

Which IC are you planing to use?

BR

Hi,

if you are talking about a Spice model, the manufacturer may provide one. If not, maybe they provide the model of a similar IC or an other manufacturer produces the same IC.

Which IC are you planing to use?

BR
Thanks stenzer! I am planning to use drv10983 IC, But i was facing the issue with setting up the environment. I use LTSPICE for the simulations
--- Updated ---

Can anyone tell if there is any other open source simulator to do these sims?

Last edited:

Hi,

I'm also using LTspice and it works fine for such kind of simulations as long as you have the appropriate spice model.

Have a look on TI's webpage and check if they provide a spice model for a similar IC. You may also check analog device's webpage if they manufacture a similar IC, maybe you are lucky and this one is already included in LTspice (LT and AD have merged).

BR

Just an fyi, TI recently (maybe a week or two ago) released a free version of PSpice with access to a ton of their IC modules. Search TI PSpice online, all you have to do is register a free account.

Just an fyi, TI recently (maybe a week or two ago) released a free version of PSpice with access to a ton of their IC modules. Search TI PSpice online, all you have to do is register a free account.
Yes,I had this also but i was looking for once more ic ucc2863X which is not avalaible there.

If the model is not available, you cannot simulate.Implement the circuit and measure.. that's it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back