Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simplest programmer for msp430

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaidyasp1

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
tps77030 + msp430

Hi,

I want to build one simplest programmer to start with msp430 based controler. Which schematic should i build for that. I saw one at olimex.com. The link is

https://www.olimex.com/dev/images/msp430-jtag-d-sch.gif

But it is having one TPS77030 ic which is not available with me. How can i eliminate the ic or is there any other programmer schematic which is easy to make??

Greetings,

You can use any LDO with the same dropout voltage, voltage output, and current rating. Check National Semiconductor, Texas Instruments, Fairchild, ST Micro, etc.

Good Luck.

This is the simplest programmer i know. I have no tested, but i will do soon.
You still need a 3.3V source, i will use a 7805 and a couple of diodes to generate 3.3V : 5 - n x 0.7V, where n is the amount of diodes. I have the same problem, i can't aquire a 3.3V regulator.

Excuse my bad english.

Re: tps77030 + msp430

vaidyasp1 said:
Hi,

I want to build one simplest programmer to start with msp430 based controler. Which schematic should i build for that. I saw one at olimex.com. The link is

https://www.olimex.com/dev/images/msp430-jtag-d-sch.gif

But it is having one TPS77030 ic which is not available with me. How can i eliminate the ic or is there any other programmer schematic which is easy to make??

see this >> https://sites.google.com/site/ehobbyprojects/-msp430-microcontroller-programmer

Hello!

Just for your info, the posts you were replying to today are quite old.
This one is the most recent (2 years ago) and the other 2 are from
2004 AND 2005… I hope the original poster didn't wait that long to solve
his problem.

Dora

Hi everybody, I have questions about MSP430, I have some 430f2012 and I'm going to use them.

Really to program them with JTAG wr need 3,6V? The f2012 works well with 5V so it should work without regulator, without BUFFER IC anc connected directly to LPT port.

Other solution is to program it via UART (serial-COM), but are any programer that emulates COM port via LPT? so we could connect directly the IC without MAX232. Anyway is maybe possibile under windows to install a virtual driver over a LPT port to emulate COM.
Do u agree with this?

Other question: when the IC starts programming in serial mode? I read about give him a command. Should it be sent after a reset? How the mcu understand that we're going to program its flash? (especially when the chip is altready programmed). Thank u for replies

Status
Not open for further replies.