Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simplest GAL complier

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
easyabel

I want to implement a BCD to 7-segment decoder (for LED display) in a GAL16V8. Can someone suggest a simple (& free) compiler and some reference code to do that easily

thanks

techie

abel gal

Hi, you want to hear some thing from Me :wink: :

I use an free version of easyABEL for DOS or Synario for Windows , they where shipped with an german Book "Schaltungstechnik mit GAL`s" .
Both are easy to use and in english language , if you are interested the whole CD is about 80~ Megs.

Hardcore

abel software gal

For simple 'stuff' , I use WinCupl which is offered (FREE) from Atmel.
Works just fine for me.. Cupl is very similar to Abel..

www.atmel.com

rfdes

wincupl seven segment decoder

Hardcore, can you post the easyABEL program only. It should not be more than a few KB.

abel descarga gal

You could try PALASM which you can find here.
It is somewhat old though.

**broken link removed**

easyabel.zip

Hi,

I programmed a GAL16LV8D from L@ttice a couple of years ago. I used ispDesignExpert which was not free but you could get a 50 day evaluation from their site. I downloaded the files, installed it, requested a license to L@ttice (based in your hard disk S.N.) and that was it. If you need it again you could just request another one in another PC and so on. It's a small part so you don't need a lot of time to code it and the tool was very straight forward.

I can't find this tool in their site, it seems that it's been remaned or something to ispLeverStarter.

I programmed it in ABEL (I would go for VHDL today :) )

-Maestor

schaltungstechnik mit gals

Hi

Here is your BCD/7segment decoder in ABEL language (Abel Dos, Easy Abel dos, Synario.......)

Re: abel.zip

Hi I'm sorry to open such a fossil of a thread but would anyone still have this abel software, I am re-inventing some ancient hardware that depends on this software and I'll be darned if I can find a valid link anywhere.

Sometimes you can still find old resources with Ye Olde Wayback Machine.

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• abel_ref.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • ABEL Primmer.pdf
    77.8 KB · Views: 145
  • abel4.zip
    974.5 KB · Views: 165
Re: abel.zip

Thanks for that , I gave it a shot but it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

General suggestion: get creative. for downloads, zips etc usually the first try is a nogo. But usually I manage to find the stuff I need. Which doesn't help you, but it's more of a suggestion that with google + wayback machine + some thinking you can find a whole lot of old stuff floating out there...

Status
Not open for further replies.