Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple way to increase output current

Status
Not open for further replies.

ang91

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i have a voltage multiplier circuit that produce 3.7v and 3mA. i need to increase the current at least become 300mA while the voltage is maintain or can be increased up to maximum 5V. what kind of circuit i need to use in this case? thanks a lot..

hello
i have a voltage multiplier circuit that produce 3.7v and 3mA. i need to increase the current at least become 300mA while the voltage is maintain or can be increased up to maximum 5V. what kind of circuit i need to use in this case? thanks a lot..

what is the source power?
:sad:
If the source power 3.7Vx3mA = 11.1mW !
You can produce less than 11.1mW with many circuits.
But your expectation is 5V x300mA =1500mW. It is not possible.

what is the source power?
:sad:
If the source power 3.7Vx3mA = 11.1mW !
You can produce less than 11.1mW with many circuits.
But your expectation is 5V x300mA =1500mW. It is not possible.

thanks for your reply..yes the source is 11.1mW. i just need to increase the current from 3mA at the output to 300mA or if not possible just increase to 100mA...:roll:

11.1mW x 0.9 = 9.9mW Efficiency considered

If 100mA required the voltage will become 9.9mW/100mA = 0.09V

Are you expecting 0.09V ???????????????????

No schematic, and no explanation of voltage source, nor the type of load. Nor any sort of additional information.

No-one will be able to provide you with a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.