Simple version of beetle bot (ping pong bot?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gres

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

Here’s project of simple toy ( similar to beetle bot robot), that can change ride direction after hit to wass. Movie exactly shows how it works.
Construction:
All construction takes 3 days. Costs – zero, all elements are from recycling. Skeleton of toy is coopery radiator. Engine is soldered to skeleton. Current goes through worm-gear into 2 wheels from cassette recorder. Third wheel is from walkman, the same with power switch and rotate - direction switch. Bumpers are paper clips and cooper wires. Two green diodes and one red flash depend on ride direction. As a power source I have NiCd accumulator 3,6 V60 mAh from old main board. At top wall of engine I soldered “+” accumulator connection, at middle pin so you can’t make a mistake while charger. Toy can be charger by nokia mobile phone charger with special plug. (typical 6V power supply)
Advantages / disadvantages
Soldering elements to radiator and engine corpus takes a lot of time. Accumulator can hold up to 5 minutes work. Bumpers are too soft and can stock after strong hit to the wall. Rest of construction is hard – I can say that after a few serious crash
Original text and movie you can find at https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1559577.html

Status
Not open for further replies.