Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Simple Understanding Problem with Electret Microphone..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask, what on earth is the purpose of this mic amp that you're making?
If it is for speech, and for connecting to an LM386 as mentioned, then I think it will "work".
I think you're really over-worrying that it may not function adequately enough with any
generic electret capsule.
That circuit has very high gain, so you may want to decrease it, on the other hand if you need the
gain, then the circuit is ok. Freq response of the amp very acceptable for an electret capsule.
I've been running it for a year now, and it works well with a generic electret element that was
then housed to be water resistant, so I needed high gain and relatively low noise, and other factors
were not a concern, so this circuit was very ideal for my needs.

If you want a hi-fi circuit, I suggest you ditch the single transistor idea and look for a
hi-fi circuit with far less distortion+noise than this circuit, pick a ready-constructed
electret (or other) mic with balanced output (it will be powered by 48v if it's electret - but it will
run on less, I use a few PP3 batteries) and pick a way better amplifier than the LM386, I think maybe
that i.c. is 20 years old or more..

I already built the Mic amp yesterday and its working fine with my transmitter.... :)

I used BC547,instead of BC549C...

it has less gain than the orginal circuit coz i didnt have BC549C which has 500 beta, BC547,has beta of around 200.. so less gain..
I didnt use the 10K pot...

I connected the output of this circuit to LM386 Ic,but i got really huge output with the speaker screeming and screeching..so i think ,i need to use the 10K pot to adjust the out put from the mic amp to the LM386...But this single stage was enough to provide input to the Oscillator..

Thanks to you for providing the schematic..

I learned a lot in this thread... and now im thinking of calculating values for a second stage or increase the power of this single stage so that it will be able to directly power a 8 Ohm speaker ,and post it here and get my mistakes corrected and learn more in depth..

Thanks to everybody for helping me out :)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.