Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple sending sms on gprs modem connect with at89c51 using AT-command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ni yanfang

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello. I had done with set up gprs modem connect with at89c51 circuit(this is means I had done the hardware part, only left software).All I need i want to know sample of sending sms using AT command.
If you know , kindly send to my gamil: niyanfang21@gmail.com. Thank you so much.

hi, for hardware, I had done with hardware, but I do not know how to check whether it is working or not.
I am using gprs modem (Q2403), max232 with AT89C51. I connect max232 with AT89c51 in one circuit. but my lcd do not light when I connect with power. isn't right? Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I will read and try first. And thank you so much. This is really useful. Have a nice day.:p

i have simcom module...
the sequence of commands to be followed for sending sms is as follow...

at
ati //not necessary
at+cops?
at+cgmr // not necessary
at+creg? // this is to check whether your sim responding or not
at+cmgf=1
at+cmgs="+91-mobile no"
<type message
<ctrl-z

first try this through hyperterminal...look at response of each command then try to handle it using microcontroller....

i have simcom module...

at
ati //not necessary
at+cops?
at+cgmr // not necessary
at+cmgf=1
at+cmgs="+91-mobile no"
<type message
<ctrl-z

first try this through hyperterminal...look at response of each command then try to handle it using microcontroller....

Morning. thank you. Sorry I forgot to tell you that I go through the steps already as you mention. And it was working successful in hyper terminal. may I know how to handle micro-controller?

- - - Updated - - -

i have simcom module...

at
ati //not necessary
at+cops?
at+cgmr // not necessary
at+cmgf=1
at+cmgs="+91-mobile no"
<type message
<ctrl-z

Morning. thank you. Sorry I forgot to tell you that I go through the steps already as you mention. And it was working successful in hyper terminal. may I know how to handle micro-controller?

while using these commands in hyperterminal you must have observed response of each step.....
u have to send one command and then wait till correct response is captured...
like this you have to send all commands...

while using these commands in hyperterminal you must have observed response of each step.....
u have to send one command and then wait till correct response is captured...
like this you have to send all commands...
Hi. Thank you for your reply. I was successful on sending sms on hyper terminal altready. but I am not sure how to check my AT89c51 microcontroller working with using AT command?? do you have any ideas? THANKS.

if you want to send AT commands you have to send it to modem using RX/Tx...you have to set baud rate as 9600...
how to set baud rate you can refer following link....
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...MbjIkjZnn6P1SX3DW-kzR_g&bvm=bv.49967636,d.bmk

- - - Updated - - -

after you set baud rate u can communicate with gsm module using serial port....
now you transmit at commands and use serial interrupt for receiving response from module...

if you want to send AT commands you have to send it to modem using RX/Tx...you have to set baud rate as 9600...
how to set baud rate you can refer following link....
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...MbjIkjZnn6P1SX3DW-kzR_g&bvm=bv.49967636,d.bmk

- - - Updated - - -

after you set baud rate u can communicate with gsm module using serial port....
now you transmit at commands and use serial interrupt for receiving response from module...
Ok thanks a lot. i will read first.:-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back