Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple real example use FreeRTOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javert

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Due to the graphics library I will have to switch from super loop to RTOS, probably FreeRTOS.
Unfortunately, the examples and books I found contain a more comprehensive view, ie an example of some real application only, simple flashing LEDs and the like.
Can you advise where I could see a more complex treasure or book that would solve the use of RTOS on real applications?

Or otherwise.

I have an application something like hot air heating

- the rotary encoder for entering the required temperature is read in the interrupt handler,
- display to show the desired and actual temperature
- SSR for switching heating
- thermometer for measuring the temperature of the intake air
- SSR for fan control for simplicity only one speed

in super loop

1 Read real temperature
2. if is diferebnce (cold) switch fan ON
3. PID (compare set and real temperature, and set SSR)
4. Display set and real temperture
5. Goto 1

How to best convert it to FreeRTOS?
ie divide into tasks and which method to run tasks to choose? For example, PID should, in my opinion, be performed every 100ms

Hello,
On which microcontroller ?
Usually, manufacturer provides examples for this application. I always start from here, because from a platform to another the startup code won't be the same. For example, ESP32 development kit will hide you all the stuff about scheduler implementation. But it is not the case for the Microchip's microcontrollers or STM32

Now I use STM32, but I'm not so much concerned with the code for the specific processor as with the philosophy of using RTOS .
I can write the application for STM32 as a super loop .
I have some idea how to cut it into multiple tasks, but I would like to see how to do it most conveniently, how to pass data between tasks, etc.
I would just like to see some real implementation of FreeRTOS on a real slightly more complex example than flashing two LEDs and then consider another example with quelle or semaphores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back