Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Pulse LED driver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezpcb

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
attiny13 rgb

Hi all
I'm thinking of building a pulse led driver circuit. Rather than just flick on then off,
the led slowly up to full brightness then down again, cycling every 1 to 1.5 seconds. A triangle wave generator can do that, but I need the circuit to be as simple as possible. Could anyone post some circuit for reference? many many many thanks

Mike

---------------------------------
www.ezpcb.com

attiny13 rgb led source

If you know PIC mcrocotrollers you can directly drive a LED from their 8-pin device, the PIC12C671, more info here: http://www.rentron.com/PIC12C67X.htm .
With almost none external components you should be able to implement PWM routines to "slowly" turn LED on and off ..

Thanks IanP, but I need a circuit that can be mount in a 8mm by 10mm micro PCB, is that possible?

I'm thinking about design a chip for that application.

mike

You can create one using a multivibrator and an RC delay.

I'm afraid RC delay circuit don' have enough current to drive led

Hi,

Havanother it's employer in ezpcb company ?

This page incluse the source code for MC68HC908QT2CFQ
If you order like this you get one in DFN package.
**broken link removed**

You can try with Attiny12 or better new ATtiny13 since both have internal oscillator (like Motorola too) and 8 pins SOIC package.
Look here :
including source code http://elm-chan.org/works/tiny/lv12.asm.txt
http://elm-chan.org/works/tiny/report.html

It's for RGB LED but you can use only one either PB0 or PB1 or PB2 output and get rid of the ones attached to PB3 and PB4.
See diagram bellow:

**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi ezpcb,
If you do want to use the RC then you can use a Transistor or FET to increase your power to the LED.
There are a lot of diffrent circuits to make a sine wave, but all of them will output very low power. All you need now is to increase your power with one of the methodes I mentioned before.
Good luck.

gidimiz said:
Hi ezpcb,
If you do want to use the RC then you can use a Transistor or FET to increase your power to the LED.
There are a lot of diffrent circuits to make a sine wave, but all of them will output very low power. All you need now is to increase your power with one of the methodes I mentioned before.
Good luck.

I know at least 50 ways of increasing the power, but now of them is possible to fit in 8mm by 10 mm pcb.

But now I'm feeling myself a very stupid guy. I found a LED with built-in controller that can pulse like the way I want without any external circuit.

Anyway, thanks to everybody, you are so kind to me

mike

Added after 10 minutes:

silvio said:
Hi,

Havanother it's employer in ezpcb company ?

This page incluse the source code for MC68HC908QT2CFQ
If you order like this you get one in DFN package.
h**p://elecdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?AD=1&AD=1&ArticleID=9254

You can try with Attiny12 or better new ATtiny13 since both have internal oscillator (like Motorola too) and 8 pins SOIC package.
Look here :
including source code h**p://elm-chan.org/works/tiny/lv12.asm.txt
h**p://elm-chan.org/works/tiny/report.html

It's for RGB LED but you can use only one either PB0 or PB1 or PB2 output and get rid of the ones attached to PB3 and PB4.
See diagram bellow:

**broken link removed**

haha, I am the employer of Havanother. they ask me how to, I design a 8mm by 14 mm board, but I'm trying to make a board of 8mm by 10mm, so I ask for help here. Now it's OK, I had build a 1.5mm by 1.5mm chip to fit-in LED package

mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.