Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple power supply, 0-30V, 500mA

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcet

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,
I'm looking for a very simple power supply with above spec. It should have a very low parts count. The fewer the parts count, the better it would fit. Any idea is appreciated.
Regards and thanks, ep20k.

Use a 500mA transformer instead of 2amps and this one will be perfect for you **broken link removed**

It is working fine for me.

Thanks Jack// ani,
but it has to be 0-30V and not 1.2-30V. So a supply based on a 317 is not my solution.
Best regards, ep20k.

To have regulation from 0V upwards you will need a small negative voltage.
And you can still employ the 317 regulator if as a reference to the ADJ pin you will use this negative voltage mentioned above. In case 317 te value should be -1.2 to -1.3V ..
Other option, if you don't require very good regulation, is to use a 33V zener diode and a potentiometer to control a darlington transistor. You will be able to adjust the output voltage fro 0 - 30V ..

Status
Not open for further replies.