Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple package model - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

IADanilov

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
package model

Hello!
In the attachment there is simple package model which i use in my design. Cpad - bond pad capacitance, Cp - package capacitance, Lp - package inductance. Is it correct?

site:edaboard.com bga inductance

Hi

It seems to me correct as the simplest model. It matches to the models in literature.

simple model of a bond pad

Thanks. What is application field of this model? For which slew rates it is suitable?

package modeling inductance

You can decide dynamic characterisctics from calculation of capacitance and inductance. The one-page attachment can help you how you calculate them. Surely the parameters depend on your physical characteritics (bond length, thickness etc.).

For more details you can refer to Digital Systems Engineering by William J. Dally & John Poulton.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

IADanilov

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Simple package model

Thanks. But I dont't know physical characteritics like bond lenght yet. I know it approximately. I only know package type (BGA) which will use for my device. And I vary Cp and Lp in range specific for BGA package.

Status
Not open for further replies.