Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple menu system for 2x16 character LCD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kureigu

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all,

I've recently been playing around with an LCD and some buttons, trying to made a somewhat usable menu system for some test equipment.
What I'd like to achieve is to have a few menus the user can cycle through, with numerical variables under each that can be changed on each screen the use visits, as well as a "run" menu to begin the test and a reset menu to reset the parameters. While the test is running, it will display a countdown.

The menu's would be laid out like this:
Code:
Cycles
Variable1

Timing
Variable2

Run test
(push up to start)

Reset vars
(up to reset)

Right now I have my buttons set up to produce hardware interrupts when they're pressed, and the seem to be working right. I've managed to get them calling a function to increment a variable that changes the title(/menu?) via a switch statement, but I don't know if that's the right way to go about it or how I'd incorporate more functionality, ie, changing the variables in each menu.

All the examples I've found online seem to concern much more complex menus and submenu systems, etc and they've not been much use. Any guidance on how I might proceed with this would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: In case it's relevant, I'm using an STM32 microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.