Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Live GPS Tracker Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VioletRock

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have this project where my friend & I are suppose to construct a GPS simulator & tracker. MY friend's handling the GPS, where she's already gotten the receiver & PIC to work with. And my part is to construct the tracker part of it.

I've read threads where a GSM modem is used. But with my lack of knowledge in the basics like designing the PCB, AT commands, C language, it might take me too long to develop it with the time limit I'm given.

So I'd like to get your suggestions on a simpler way I can still get the position information of the GPS and send it any computer I access it from in real-time. The position has to be displayed on the computer in a form of a map where we can view the movement of the GPS, together with its latitude & longitude.

I really hope any of you can suggest anything simple, even if the results might not be as accurate. Please :) Thanks.

first u have to select a GSM modem,there are two types of modem's
1.have built in TCP/IP stacku can establish a TCP connection by simply sending AT commands to modem
and the other in which u have to write an application for tcp/ip stack,which is a tough job i guess.
After that u have to send AT commands to modem using microcontroler.
But with my lack of knowledge in the basics like designing the PCB, AT commands, C language
AT commands are simple and u can use assembly languge for controller if not C language,then u have to go for pcb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back