Not open for further replies.

VioletRock

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have this project where my friend & I are suppose to construct a GPS simulator & tracker. MY friend's handling the GPS, where she's already gotten the receiver & PIC to work with. And my part is to construct the tracker part of it.

I've read threads where a GSM modem is used. But with my lack of knowledge in the basics like designing the PCB, AT commands, C language, it might take me too long to develop it with the time limit I'm given.

So I'd like to get your suggestions on a simpler way I can still get the position information of the GPS and send it any computer I access it from in real-time. The position has to be displayed on the computer in a form of a map where we can view the movement of the GPS, together with its latitude & longitude.

I really hope any of you can suggest anything simple, even if the results might not be as accurate. Please Thanks.

first u have to select a GSM modem,there are two types of modem's
1.have built in TCP/IP stacku can establish a TCP connection by simply sending AT commands to modem
and the other in which u have to write an application for tcp/ip stack,which is a tough job i guess.
After that u have to send AT commands to modem using microcontroler.
But with my lack of knowledge in the basics like designing the PCB, AT commands, C language
AT commands are simple and u can use assembly languge for controller if not C language,then u have to go for pcb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…