Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple led dot matrix using 8*8

Status
Not open for further replies.

imranshouket

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: 8x32 matrix please help

Hi Guys,

I am trying to make a 8x32 matrix using the attached schematic, as I am using the proton development suite, I am getting confused on how to write the code for it. Please if some1 could c the schematic and write for me a simple code that could activate all the coloums or rows.

P.S. the attached schematic is not my personal schematic, I got it on some forum.

Added after 3 hours 49 minutes:

Hey guys please any1 to help here

I'm not writing code for you but I can tell you how it works, then you can write code yourself.

Port A, (RA pins) is the column addresses, Port B (RB pins) is the row data.

You have to work out the font information yourself, then place the address of the column on RA and the data for the LEDs in that column on RB. For example, if you make all RA pins low you address the fiirst column and if you put 0x55 on the RB pins you would get alternate LEDs on that column to light up. 0x55 is 01010101 in binary and where there is a '1' in the number, the corresponding LED will light.

Brian.

Added after 4 hours 50 minutes:

Be careful to make sure your LEDs can withstand 5V in reverse direction. In this design, the polarity reverses when the LED is off.

Brian.

Hey thanks for the info, yeah the LEDS do light up dim, If I use ULN2803 would that be a good idea.

guys could any1 suggest me or provide me with a link to a better design, where i could get the leds lit up more brighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back