Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple client or server app on embedded ARM running linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfmw

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
linux closetcp

Dear all,

I have an embedded board with ARM926EJ-S chip running linux 2.6.

I would like to create an application or program (server app) for this embedded board to send back data upon request by ethernet from the client (running on windows).

I need examples of a simple C code, how to implement socket or TCP-IP or UDP access and transmission of data through ethernet interface on embedded linux.

Are there any functions in linux like: opentcp(), sendtcp(), receivetcp(), closetcp(), etc?

Please note that I'm a beginner in linux.

Thanks a lot in advance,
rfmw

simple arm boards running linux

I've successfully made both, the server app, running on my embedded board, and the client app, running within Matlab, WinXP.

If anybody needs the socket stuff, here it is:

**broken link removed**

Re: Simple client or server app on embedded ARM running linu

Hi

I want to make a simple client-server application to transmit a voice signal in MATLAB.As you had worked on this application. I think you can help me.

Please guide me how Can i create this model...
thanks

Go to micrium website, find their application notes there are alot of examples related to their uc/tcp-ip. they can be ported easily to linux. it is one to one mapping.

there are some demo examples on WROX-beginer's linux programming ed-4

these will give you some good idea of socket programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back