Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIMCOM SIM300 RXD and TXD pins (how to connect to COM port?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedehede81

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

I have a SIM300 module and I can only access the top of it, bottom is inaccessible. It doesn't have a ready-made serial interface. I would like to access TXD and RXD pins of SIM300 to connect to my COM port. Since I can only access only top, I was wondering any of those round pins is TXD and RXD. I have found an image:
sim300dz_rs232_low.jpg

As you can see there is yellow TXD and red RXD round pins. My layout from top is a little different:

SIM300.jpg

Could you please tell me what number is TXD and what number is RXD? Can I solder wires to these round pins and connect to my PC COM port with MAX232 interface?

Thank you very much in advance, I hope I can get this working with your help.

According to my measurements and taking into consideration your sim300 pin diagram (2nd image)you have:
- pin 1 Rx TTL (Sim300 is receiving your Tx from whatever module you are using)
- pin 7 Tx TTL (Sim 300 is sending messages to Rx pin from your module).

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back