Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simcom Sim300 GPRS connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

_demon

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sim508

Hi guys!
This is old theme, but I need your help!

I have sim508 module for vehicle-tracking tasks.
I has successfully connection to my server, but i can't recieve/transfer any data!!

my logs:
OK
at+cipmode=0
OK
at+cdnsorip=1
OK
at+cipcsgp=1,"www.XXX.XX","user","pass"
OK
at+cipscont
OK
at+ciicr
ERROR
at+cstt="www.XXX.XX","user","pass"
OK
at+ciicr
OK
at+cifsr
at+cipstart="TCP","XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX","6667"
OK

STATE: IP STATUS
OK

STATE: IP STATUS
at+cdnsorip=0
OK
OK

CONNECT OK
AT+CIPSEND=5
> 1234567
SEND OK
at+cipmode=1
ERROR
at+cipmode?
+CIPMODE: 0

OK
AT+CIPSEND=288
> rg<cutted>35bv
SEND OK

But I can't receive anything at server side!!
However connection is established...
Can somebody help me?

sim508 gprs

Hi _Demon

To get the TCP packet that is transmitted from the SIM508 GPRS modem, you need a public IP address and a socket server program (writen in winsock for example, there are many examples on the internet).

I suggest the following steps:

_ Setup the ADSL modem to open a port, and forward it to the PC that running the socket server application (setup the NAT option or Virtual Server option).

_ Turn off any security program (Bit Defender, Kasperski Internet Securyty, ...)

sim508 avr

hi guys..does anyone ever use sim508 with microcontroler etc. avr???please i need your help...give me a repply ok...thanks

sim508 at commands

I'm also planing to use SIM508 in a project, can anyone let me know about the interface circuit of sim508 and microcontroller as in the data sheet its not clear, also i require the AT Commands manual of SIM508 i couldn't find it any where...
Thanks

Best Regards
Jamshid Dastur

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
sim508 application

jamshid.dastur said:
I'm also planing to use SIM508 in a project, can anyone let me know about the interface circuit of sim508 and microcontroller as in the data sheet its not clear, also i require the AT Commands manual of SIM508 i couldn't find it any where...
Thanks

Best Regards
Jamshid Dastur

I hope these documents will be usefull for you. Have a good day.

sim508 price

hamvui2005 said:
jamshid.dastur said:
Thanks

Best Regards
Jamshid Dastur

I hope these documents will be usefull for you. Have a good day.[/quote

nice...nice.... very NICE...
thanks a lot

sim508 application notes

I am also thinking of using SIM508 in a project. Does the GPS and GPRS perform well? Is it easy enough to learn and most important, how is availability and cost?

Thanks for much....

sim508 in india

If any one know, what is this................ aboutAT+CENG?
+CENG: 1,0

+CENG: 0,"0611,16,0,404,90,41,5acb,05,00"
+CENG: 1,"0615,15,02"
+CENG: 2,"0541,10,13"
+CENG: 3,"0542,04,07"
+CENG: 4,"0544,03,??"
+CENG: 5,"0612,01,??"
+CENG: 6,"0616,01,??"

OK
AT+CENG=2
OK

+CENG: 0,"0611,16,0,404,90,41,5acb,05,00"
+CENG: 1,"0615,18,02"
+CENG: 2,"0541,12,13"
+CENG: 3,"0616,04,??"
+CENG: 4,"0542,04,07"
+CENG: 5,"0544,04,??"
+CENG: 6,"0612,03,??"

sim508 gprs connection

Good morning

My name is Moraali. I am having a problem for a year. It is simple, but I am not sure how to rectify it.
In brief, when I connect my chip (Xilinx FPGA) with SIM508, SIM508 does not send any SMS. When I tested the chip and the SIM508 separately, it work fine. But when I connect them together , it fails.

For more details, please refer(click on it) to this, it will give a detail explanation of my problem. At first you might have difficulities, but in the end you will understand. Please read, it simple.

http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board...&thread.id=8677&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Please reply to me as soon as possible.

Thank you.

at+ceng gsm modem

OK, your other post is VERY LONG and convoluted, so I didn't take the time to read through the entire thing. However, one question - Are you sending a CTL-Z after your message? You need to send this to indicate the end-of-message.

send data from sim508

Hi

I used SIM508 Eval board long time ago about 3 years
Now I can't find the cables and the power supply.
My Question are:
Is any cross serial cable can work?
What should be the settings for flow control and budrate is 115200,8,N,1 with HW flow control OK?
what's the requirements for power supply is 5V@100mA enough?

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
www(.)i-g(.)org

Hi demon,
can you help me,
I buy a sim508 but i need neccessary at command and setting module,
and I dont have any server . please explain for me .
i want to transmit data read gps with gprs to my server.
thank you.

Hello demon and anyone here,

What is the latest update of your SIM508 GPS/GPRS development? Anyone has an example or library for SIM508 GPRS communication?

Thank you and best regards,
-gunta-

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am using simcom 300 module with an eval board.

I am able to connect to a tcp server on a public IP but not able to send or receive data to/from TCP server.

After i connect to the server my module just "hangs" and does not take any further inputs.

I am using a USB to serial converter and running AT commands on hyperterminal.

What can be the reason.

I am using simcom 300 module with an eval board.

I am able to connect to a tcp server on a public IP but not able to send or receive data to/from TCP server.

After i connect to the server my module just "hangs" and does not take any further inputs.

I am using a USB to serial converter and running AT commands on hyperterminal.

What can be the reason.

Having a similar problem, MODEM connects, CIPSEND gives > (I input data here) get a reply CLOSED and modem Hangs. Searched the forum with sim300 hangs and other terms but no relevant results. Can someone help why this is happening? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back