Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIMCOM or QUECTEL GSM modules...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksir

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi boys,
today I make design for my new product. We use SIMCOM SIM900D in our company, but we have very problems with this. Every firmware version have another errors, new modules manufactured (2011-2012) freezes for every 14 days in our applications, etc.

So I did a research and I find Qurctel M75 and Quectel M12. This modules are cheap then Simcom in our contry.
Have anyone experience with this modules, and can you give me some help with choise?

Is best stay with SIMCOM? We can place SIM900 to new product. But I very thinking about Quectel... Is this good choice?

Many thanks,
Petr

what is your basic application so that someone out here could suggest most appropriate module.

Hi boys,
today I make design for my new product. We use SIMCOM SIM900D in our company, but we have very problems with this. Every firmware version have another errors, new modules manufactured (2011-2012) freezes for every 14 days in our applications, etc.

So I did a research and I find Qurctel M75 and Quectel M12. This modules are cheap then Simcom in our contry.
Have anyone experience with this modules, and can you give me some help with choise?

Is best stay with SIMCOM? We can place SIM900 to new product. But I very thinking about Quectel... Is this good choice?

Many thanks,
Petr

Hi, Petr, this is Neo from Popular. We are SIMCOM agent. Is there any problem with SIM900D? Hope we can give some assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.