Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM908-C to find the location and send SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hebelube

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
In my senior design project, I need to create a device to find the location of my device and send an SMS to another cell phone. the command part of the design will be done by someone else, but the circuit design is my responsibility. I am using SIM908-C for the task. I have the hardware design v1.01 document but I have some difficulties in understanding it. I have no experience about the design I need to do what so ever. the module should be in sleep mode normally, and be activated only when needed. when activated, it should locate the itself, and send the location info to a cell phone.

First I need to design a power cicrcuit for the module to run. using a cell phone battery with 3.7 V looks like the best option. do you agree?
Second I need to design esd protection circuit between the simcard holder and SIM908-C. if you don't have any easier to do circuit than the reference, I would need to design the reference circuit in hardware design v1.01 document.
Third I need to design MCU circuit to control the module.

I would appreciate any help, advice, or suggestions. If you can show me some schematics, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Batang, thank you for the link, I already have that.
It is a group project (3 people). project is a wireless patient monitoring device. the device will have two sensors. one for the heart rate and the other for the body temperature. the device will also had a lcd and an emergency button on it. if heart rate or body temperature exceed the low or high limits, device automaticly locate the patient, and send all the info to a predesignated cell number via SMS. or the patient would need help even if the HR or BT is ok. in this case the patient will push the button and another sms will be sent.
the sensors are done, the lcd is done, the emergency button is done, the coding is nearly done, the GPS / SMS part of the project is where we needed help. still thank you for the criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.