Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900D sending and receiving message using PIC16f84a

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_ages

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi fellows...
we're on our final year in college and we've come up with an SMS based project. we need some help regarding on how to connect the SIM900D to the microcontroller and some codes in MPLAB IDE to controll the gsm modem.

any good help will be much appreciated....

i haven't tried it yet...i have read some page about testing it with the hyperterminal but the gsm modem there is not the sim900d, its benQ i think and it has a serial port in order to connect to the computer.
In case of sim900d, it doesn't have any serial port.

How could I test it?

simcom modems are all same and most of the AT commands are same....
you can test it with serial port and terminal and become aware of at commands and then start the program

sir....do you have any assembly codes in mplab there that can be used to enable the sim900 to text?to turn on?and to filter the messages that is received by the sim900?

you will talk to sim900d with UART. so you have to implement uart module. then you will send AT commands.

by the way, if you design your custom board, just keep in mind the PWRKY pins for the wake up sim900d.

now were using mikroC for our project,
but when I use the command Usart_Init(9600), Usart_Read_Text(), or Usart_write, it only provides me with errors,
but when i coded UART1_Write,UART1_Init(9600), and any other commands, it is accepted.
is there any initialization to be done first before using Usart commands?

You have to include the library in your project. There is a panel with the libraries those can included in your project, you have to select the "USRAT" library.

I'll try it...tnx a lot.....
another problem that i have encountered is that when I code:
void main(){
while(1){
if(UART1_Read_Text=="System On"){
}
}
}
what should I COde?
can u please send me some examples of sending and receiving sms mikroC code....
just email it to sajo_christian@yahoo.com....tnx a lot.

you can send AT command on usart port like

const unsigned char at[]= "AT\rAT+CMGF = 1\rAT+CSCA =\"+<message center #>\"\rAT+CMGS =\"<Mobile #>\"\;
char msg[] = {"Test Message"};
Usart_Init(9600);// baud rate
i=0;
do {
Usart_Write(at);
} while (at[i++]!=0);
i = 0;

do {
Usart_Write(msg);
} while (msg[i++]!=0);
i = 0;
Usart_Write('\x1A'); //Clt+Z