Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sim900B dont detect sim-card when re-insert

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThiVu

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I posted my problem here: https://www.edaboard.com/threads/221455/#post957532
But It has not yet resolved.
Now, I post again
Please kindly help me

My modem and sim-card are working normally.
Then i desert sim-card out of slot. Then I send "CPIN?", it respond "sim not insert".
Then I insert sim card.
Send "CPIN?", it respond the same as before.
I power down then power up the module then send "CPIN?" again. It respond RDY. It is OK.

My question is:
Are there any other way to connect again to sim card without re-power up (power down then power up) module because it take about 8 seconds. It is so long for my application.

Thank you!

Some of the post are never answered but that doesn't mean that you can repost duplicates until you receive the answer.
I have deleted the other post which I consider as a duplicate and you are warned not to repeat this in the future.

Alex

I find out another way to solved this problem.
I send command AT+CFUN=1,1 to restart module, it take time out about 4s.
Then I can detect simcard.
But This command respond:
IIII
RDY

OK

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY
But, as in ATC Manual, It only respond OK if in fixed baudrate. The first 4 characters I think it is "OK\r\n", but it display failed.
When I switch to auto-baud, It only respond: IIIIII
So I dont check the respond to send next command.

I want to switch SIM card "hot",

i use at_command to check SIM card:

"AT+CPIN?\r"

i feel:
modulSIM900 can automatic to understand:
if ModulSIM has got SIM Card ("respond : +CPIN: READY") and ModulSIM work normally (call, send SMS...).

if ModulSIM hasn't got SIM Card ("respond : +CPIN:NOT READY"") and ModulSIM don't work normally(don't call, send SMS..).

---------------------------------------------------------
Almost case is OK, no problem.

But sometime, there is SIM Card in ModulSIM and "respond : +CPIN: READY" -> ModulSIM don't work normally(don't call, send SMS..).

I try to by way: send atcomand: "AT+CFUN=1,1\r" and delay 2 second ( i try 1second, but not ok) -> ModulSIM work normally.

Can you help me explain this problem, i don't want to delay time > 1s. This is correct way to switch SIM "hot"?, can you show me the another way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back