Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sim900a related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumit garg

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have two queries ralated to sim 900a
1. I have a jio 4g sim which is not getting signal in sim 900a but if i will use VI sim it is getting network, but i want to use jio sim, is it possible anyways?
2.I want to use single battery to power arduino and sim900a how can i do it?

Hi,

2) it's all about voltage and current. But I see no info obout these in your post.
--> please findo out of each device the
* recommended power supply voltage range
* max supply current
Tell us these values.

Klaus

1.For Arduino Uno 7v-12v voltage range and datasheet states that the current limitation is 200mA.
2.For Sim 900a (GSM Module)-3.5-4.5 V voltage range and current range(2-2.5A)

Hi,

Then I recommend:

A step down (buck) regulator for 7..12V input to 3.5...4.5V output and max 2.5A. No need to be isolated.
It should have a worst case input current of 1.8A (7V_in, 4.5V_out, 2.5A, 90% eff)

Thus you could use a 7..12V, 2A rated common power supply.

To keep heating in the Arduino low, choose low input voltage --> maybe 7.5V (to have some headroom)
The same for the modem: 3.7 ... 4.0V.

To keep GND bounce low:
Wire the supply to the step down. And use the GND of the step down as star point.
Add a bulk capacitor as well as a fast ceramics capacitor at the star point.

Klaus

hello, thank you
this is very helpful for me
I have a small doubt like if i already have a3.7V battery ,as like you mentioned can i use step up regulators/

Thanks

Hi,

I´m not very familiar with Arduino hardware.
You say it´s supply voltage is 7..12V....I have to believe it.
On the other hand... Doesn´t an Arduino Uno run from USB? Which is in the range of 4.5...5V.

If I´m not mistaken, there is an AVR on an Arduino Uno ... All AVRs I know run with something between 2.7V ... 5V.
Don´t know what else is on an Uno board and what power supply requirements they have.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back