Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900A - Data base problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kushal nandanwar

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need help in creating database using SIM-900A, I have successfully transmitted my data on internet server using SIM-900A and created database on Microsoft access using Visual basic, but my problem is that i do't know how to connect Microsoft access to internet for collecting data transmitted by SIM-900A.:bang:

I need help in creating database using SIM-900A, I have successfully transmitted my data on internet server using SIM-900A and created database on Microsoft access using Visual basic, but my problem is that i do't know how to connect Microsoft access to internet for collecting data transmitted by SIM-900A.:bang:

Hi,

1. You need to define an pain text interface, that will include commands/data and end of command character
2. You need to do socket programming to write a server (using C# and I guess VB), this server will be running on your PC and will listen for the connection from the clients. ON receiving command+data+<EOD> from client, it will add/update/delete data in the database.
3. You need to write a client using ATMEL studio(or anything similar) that will run on the microcontroller. This microcontroller is going to communicate with SIM900A over Serial port (Tx,Rx). The client running on the controller will have hardcoded IP Address of your server. This client will create the string in the format server is expecting (Cmd+Data+<EOD>)

Hope you get the high level design. I need a favor from you too. I bought this SIM900A module but not able to find AT commands description in English. If you can share AT command sequence to open a TCP connection over GPRS and send bytes, I 'll be :grin: .

Thanks,
Mrinal

you can send datas via http post method to a webpage
its easier than socket programming
then you can recieve datas on a simple we page

Hello Mrinal , find attachment for TCP/IP command set in English

- - - Updated - - -

Hello dizgah , how can i receive that data on my VB application.

Attachments

• SIM900_AT Command Manual_V1.03.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 45

Hello Mrinal , find attachment for TCP/IP command set in English

- - - Updated - - -

Hello dizgah , how can i receive that data on my VB application.
hi
you have t2 way to do this:
1- you want to receive datas in your own pc/laptop :
then you must have a valid IP & its better to have a static ip, then your vb program must listen to specific port(80 in http ) then receive datas & process thats
2-buy a hosting plan:
2-1 buy a VPS plan or dedicated plan then you can upload your vb program to it (expensive )
2-2 & best solution i think buy a usually hosting plan (cheap) then you can write your program in a scripting language like php or asp , then receive datas,process it,record to data base & display it(like mine dizgah.ir)
some sites like www.byethost.com give you a good enough plan to you freely
if you cant write php program,say me to share it with you
be lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.