Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sim900 ignores at command sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

msj121

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I see my avr (attiny2313a) output over tx to rx of sim900 the command "AT+CENG=1" to stop transferring "AT+CENG=2". I was spitting out some of the processed AT+CENG=2 data, probably 50 chars worth. I would presume this shouldn't affect things, but with the added data the sim900 remains silent until I hit some interrupt or something on my avr to send another at command... then it registers the first one not the second.

Any ideas? Is this a receive buffer issue? I just want to make sure even if I have a work around like a delay that there is a better way or if there isn't.

Btw, I tied cts to rts and dsr,dtr,dcd to each other. Should I be using any of these? The sim900 seems to get the command just not "OK" it until later. Like I said I eavesdropped on the line and saw the command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back