Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 command questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARQuattr

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I started using the SIM900 module recently and it's generally working fairly well. I just need to improve the robustness so it parses all the various possible responses properly, which is difficult since there are so many commands, formats, and states.

One question I have is about the CGDCONT command. Is it critical to define the PDP context this way? I've seen most posts here include this instruction, but the sample instruction sequence I received from my distributor didn't use it, and it seems to work without it. I just don't want to leave it out if it needs to be there for reliability, on the other hand I don't want to add redundant or unnecessary commands.

Here's what I get as default when the module is powered up:

AT+CGDCONT?
+CGDCONT: 3,"IP","","0.0.0.0",0,0
OK

According to the SIM AT command set, when the PDP_addr is 0.0.0.0 "a dynamic address will be requested". Do I need to set it to the APN?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back